About the AEB
The Association of European Businesses represents and promotes the interests of European companies conducting business in and with the Russian Federation.
The AEB carries out activities to improve the Russian business and trade environment and to promote economic integration and partnership between the Russian Federation and the European Union.
On 29 September 2014, the AEB held the round table “The establishment and improvement of mechanisms for cooperation between Russian universities and international business“ within the second national exhibition-forum “VUZPROMEXPO. National science - industrialization basis”. The session was organized by the AEB Working Group on Modernization and Innovations and it was co-moderated by Michael Akim, Member of the AEB Board, Chairman of the AEB Working Group on Modernization and Innovations; Vice-President, ABB Russia. Philippe Pegorier, Chairman of the AEB Board, Chairman of the AEB Machine Building and Engineering Committee; President, Alstom (Russia, Ukraine, Belarus), welcomed the participants and spoke on the AEB role and activities directed towards the acceleration of the innovative development of Russian economy. Speakers and participants were representatives of the RF Ministry of Education and Science, the RF Ministry of Economic Development, EU Delegation in the RF, Skolkovo Foundation, Higher School of Economics, AEB member-companies as well as Russian universities. The main goal of the session was the discussion of mutual expectations and experiences of business and universities on their cooperation as well as the possible mechanisms of state support of this interaction.
The Forum took place in the oldest Moscow exhibition complex Gostiny Dvor. It was organized by the RF Ministry of Education and Science jointly with the RF Ministry of Industry and Trade and the RF Ministry of Economic Development. The event aimed at demonstrating modern and scientific projects, directed towards the modernization of Russian industry, as well as the successful samples of close cooperation between the European businesses and the Russian universities.
L-R: Philippe Pegorier, Chairman of the AEB Board, Chairman of the AEB Machine Building and Engineering Committee; President, Alstom (Russia, Ukraine, Belarus); Andrey Kortunov, co-moderator, General Director of the Russian International Affairs Council and the President of the New Eurasia Foundation; Michael Akim, Member of the AEB Board, Chairman of the AEB Working Group on Modernization and Innovations; Vice-President, ABB Russia.
On 26 September 2014, AEB Hotels and Tourism working group participated in the Annual Hospitality Business Forum, which was organised by Committee for Tourism and Hotel Industry, Moscow City Government.
Mr. Armin Eberhard, AEB Hotels and tourism working group Chair, General Manager of Renaissance Moscow Monarch Center Hotel, made a speech on the “European business point of view on the hospitality market in Moscow” at the Forum plenary session.
Within the Forum, AEB Hotels and tourism working group held a separate meeting with Mr. Sergey Shpilko, Head of Moscow City Committee for Tourism and the Hotel Industry, in order to discuss the most important aspects in the hospitality industry development in Moscow, among them: Hotels’ classification, preparation for FIFA Worldcup Russia 2018, recruitment / quota and other issues.
On September 24, 2014 The AEB North-Western Regional Committee’s Construction and Real estate subcommittee has organized its already traditional open event on “Market and regulatory update in construction and real estate industry of North-Western Region”.
This time the event focused on the following issues:
- Real Estate Investment Activity. Resume of semiannual results of 2014 and forecast
- Land Law Reform: a Brief Review of the Main Changes
- Protection of the interests of investors in construction sector
- Particularities of determination and contestation of the cadastral value of permanent structures
- New ways of developer’s securing obligations under the agreement of participation in shared construction
- Construction site status for foreign companies working in Russia: Tax aspects
The event attracted such AEB members as JLL, SRV Group, Betset, Dentons, DLA Piper, DS Law, BSH, Awara Group, EKE Group, SATO Rus, YIT, EBRD, SVKK and other.
The Event was sponsored by Alinga Consulting
L-R: Mikko Soderlund, SRV Group, Chairman of the AEB NWRC’s Construction & Real Estate subcommittee
- 01.10.2014 20:40 AEB Business mission to Vologda region (Vologda, Cherepovets) AEB Business mission
World Bank Briefing based on the World Bank’s Russia Economic Report #32: “Policy Uncertainty Clouds Medium-Term Prospect”
AEB Open event
- 2014.10.07 Agenda ENG.pdf (application/pdf, 134.5 Kb)
- 09.10.2014 11:00 AEB Open Event:Talks on the Russian Economy AEB Open event
- 14.10.2014 11:15 AEB Open Event: Briefing by Sergey Lavrov, RF Minister of Foreign Affairs AEB Open event
- 15.10.2014 09:30 AEB Open Event: Briefing by Bikas Joshi, Senior Resident Representative of the International Monetary Fund in the Russian Federation AEB Open event
- 21.10.2014 11:00 AEB business meeting ”Stress-Test of Corporate Reputation: A Business Game” AEB Business meeting
- 23.10.2014 09:30 AEB Open Event: Challenges to Existing Business Models: IT Legislation Changes AEB Open event
- 28.10.2014 09:30 AEB Open Event: Engineering in Industrial Sector as a Key Factor of Development AEB Open event
- 29.10.2014 09:00 AEB Taxation Committee Business Meeting on CFC-related Taxation Issues AEB Business meeting
- 13.11.2014 10:30 AEB Co-organised Event: The International Forum «Building Automation and Energy Efficiency 2014» AEB Open event