About the AEB
The Association of European Businesses represents and promotes the interests of European companies conducting business in and with the Russian Federation.
The AEB carries out activities to improve the Russian business and trade environment and to promote economic integration and partnership between the Russian Federation and the European Union.
On May 20, 2013 AEB held a Press Conference on the questions of Parallel Imports, at the AEB Conference Center. The speakers found it very important to express their position concerning the new initiative of the Russian Government to liberalize parallel imports. It was pointed out that a liberalization of parallel imports would lead to negative consequences for the development of the Russian economy and for the further localization of manufacturing in Russia. The opening speech was made by Frank Schauff, AEB CEO. The position of the European companies - AEB members was voiced by Yury Litvishchenko, General Manager, Chiesi Pharmaceuticals, Deputy Chairman of the AEB Health and Pharmaceuticals Committee; Alexander Tynkovan, President, M.Video; Denis Khabarov, Partner, Baker & Mckenzie, Chairman of the AEB Working Group on Parallel Imports and Elena Timokhina, Nokian Tyres who spoke on behalf of the AEB Working Group of Tire Producers.
For more information, please find the Press Release below:
On 17 May 2013, а briefing by Timur M. Suleimenov, Minister of Economy and Financial Policy, Eurasian economic commission, was held at the AEB Conference Center. The briefing was dedicated to intellectual property issues: trademarks, establishment and administration of Unified Customs Union Register of intellectual property objects and parallel import; technical implementation of the information exchange process between the Customs Union parties; administarative barriers cutback in customs administration.
The event was opened by Reiner Hartmann, AEB Board Chairman and chaired by Ruslan Kokarev, AEB Chief operational officer, Wilhelmina Shavshina, Deputy Chairwoman of AEB Customs and transport committee, Legal Director, DLA Piper and Eugene Arievich, AEB Intellectual Property Committee Chairman, Principal, Baker & McKenzie.The most attention was paid to the question of parallel import and ex-officio principle.
On 25 April, 2013 the AEB Real Estate Committee held an open event titled “Green Building: from Theory to Practice”. The welcome speech was made by Christophe Vicic, COO of Jones Lang LaSalle, Chairman of the AEB Real Estate Committee and Jeroen Ketting, General Director of Lighthouse Group, AEB Energy Efficiency Committee Chairman, AEB Board member. The AEB kindly thanks YIT, the platinum sponsor and Ruukki, the silver sponsor of the event, for their support.
L-R: David Simons, Managing Director, Radius Group; Gerald Sakuler, AEB Board member; Anna Minayeva, Lawyer, Beiten Burkhardt; Christophe Vicic, COO, Jones Lang LaSalle, Chairman of the AEB Real Estate Committee; Jeroen Ketting, General Director of Lighthouse Group, AEB Energy Efficiency Committee Chairman, AEB Board member; Maxim Kobert, KdAI Board Member; Ksenia Agapova, Sustainability Manager, Jones Lang LaSalle; Victor Verma, General Manager, YIT Elmek LLC, AEB REC Project Management & Ancillary Services Working Group Chairman; Rashid Ismailov, Director, Green Standard Center, RF Ministry of Natural Resources; Mark Pollitt, Head of Office Agency, Cushman & Wakefield, AEB REC Industry sub-sectors Working Group Chairman; Dmitry Yuryev, Design and Pricing Director, Ruukki Rus LLC.
10th Flagship Conference - “Russia; What Strategy in a Changing World”
- AEB Flagship Сonference 2013.pdf (application/pdf, 93.4 Kb)
- 23.05.2013 13:30:00 AEB Open Event: "Presentation of the Investment potential of the Tyumen region" AEB Open event
- 23.05.2013 15:00:00 AEB Sponsor Event organised by TMF Group: “International Structuring for Russian Corporate and Private Clients” AEB Sponsorship presentation
- 24.05.2013 09:15:00 AEB Open Event: Conference “Intellectual Property Rights: recent trends, court practices, problems and solutions” AEB Conference
AEB NW Regional Commitee Open Event in St. Petersburg: Government Briefing
- Program_Government Briefing_31 May 2013_AEB_St.Petersburg_eng (application/pdf, 167 Kb)
- Program_Government Briefing_31 May 2013_AEB_St.Petersburg_rus (application/pdf, 179.4 Kb)
- 05.06.2013 10:00:00 Round Table “Energy Services in Russia – Results & Future prospects” organized by the AEB Energy Efficiency Committee Round Table
- 07.06.2013 10:00:00 Round Table “Machine Building Market Trends in Russia (first half of 2013) organized by the AEB machine Building & Engineering Committee Round Table
- 19.06.2013 15:00:00 AEB Open Event: Round table organised by the AEB SHES Committee “Good models of H&S practice in Russia” AEB Open event
- 20.06.2013 11:00:00 AEB Sponsor Event organised by OOO "BSH Bytowaja Technika": Innovation and Energy Efficinecy for home appliances AEB Sponsorship presentation